[LLVMdev] llvm-gcc 2.5 libexec installed without program-prefix

Albert Graef Dr.Graef at t-online.de
Wed Mar 25 10:53:03 PDT 2009

Neal Becker wrote:
> OK, let me rephrase this.  What is the preferred way to install llvm + llvm-
> gcc onto a fedora system?
>
> Here is what I used:
> ../llvm-gcc4.2-2.5.source/configure --enable-languages=c,c++ --program-
> prefix=llvm
> make
> make install
>
>  ../llvm-2.5/configure --enable-optimized --prefix=/usr/local
> make
> make install

Well, you need to build llvm first. Assuming that you already built that
in $src/llvm-2.5/obj and you're building llvm-gcc in
$src/../llvm-gcc4.2-2.5.source/obj, you do:

../configure --program-prefix=llvm- --enable-llvm=$src/llvm-2.5/obj
--enable-languages=c,c++
make
make install

On x86_64, add --disable-multilib to configure in order to build a plain
64 bit compiler, otherwise you need some additional stuff but you found
out about this already. :)

Ah yes, and don't forget to install the mpfr-dev package or what it's
called on Fedora, gcc doesn't like the buggy mpfr included with GMP. (At
least that's required if you also build the Fortran compiler, not sure
if it's needed otherwise.)

That's how it works for me on SUSE, I guess it should be pretty much the
same on every Linux system.

Albert

--
Dr. Albert Gr"af
Dept. of Music-Informatics, University of Mainz, Germany
Email:  Dr.Graef at t-online.de, ag at muwiinfa.geschichte.uni-mainz.de
WWW:    http://www.musikinformatik.uni-mainz.de/ag