[LLVMdev] Multiple return values (floating-point exception flags)

Jason Riedy jason at acm.org
Thu Mar 19 05:54:47 PDT 2009

And Bill Wendling writes:
> > Or is packaging everything into a derived types the only way?
>
> There's already support for multiple return values in LLVM. It's been
> there since LLVM 2.3. :-)

Thanks for the reference!  I meant multiple return values in the
manner of Lua, Octave, etc.  The first value is necessary, and
later values can be ignored.  But I can see reasons for keeping all
of them and forcing later passes to cope.

>From the documentation of llvm.sadd.with.overflow:
  "They return a structure [...]"
That specifically was what I was hoping to avoid, but existing
optimizations around the integer overflow support should help me.
Thanks!

Jason