[LLVMdev] Selecting FrameIndex

someguy just.s0m3.guy+llvmdev at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 11:02:24 PDT 2009

Hi All

I'm having nightmares with FrameIndexes during my backend development :(

I have ComplexPatterns defined for my two addressing modes (RR and
RI). Most of the time, FrameIndex operands appear to be on load/store
nodes, in which case everything works fine as my custom addressing
modes matchers work fine.

Unfortunately, I now have an add node which has a FrameIndex operand
(this results from a store to an int array in the source).

But there is no explicit pattern to match FrameIndex in the .td files,
even though I've specified 'frameindex' in the 'roots' of the
addressing mode ComplexPattern. The result is that I get a
CannotYetSelect on the FrameIndex operand during selection.

Anyone know what i'm doing wrong?