[LLVMdev] using alias-analysis

Chris Lattner clattner at apple.com
Mon Mar 16 09:45:31 PDT 2009

On Mar 15, 2009, at 6:06 AM, RAAD B wrote:

> Hi together,
>
> i want to create a map containing a set of aliases for each value.

I'd suggest checking out the code in lib/Analysis/
AliasAnalysisEvaluator.cpp.  It does an all pairs query and prints out
the result of each query.  Try "opt -aa-eval -print-all-alias-modref-
info foo.bc".

> AliasSetTracker *tracker = new AliasSetTracker(AA);

I'd recommend against using the AliasSetTracker class if you want good
precision.  It basically forces a unification approach on top of the
underlying AA impl, which pessimizes the results when aliases are not
transitive.

-Chris