[LLVMdev] setting up LLVM to *run on* amd64 but *generate code* for alpha

Mike Stump mrs at apple.com
Fri Mar 13 21:11:03 PDT 2009

On Mar 13, 2009, at 5:41 PM, Zack Weinberg wrote:
> - The "natural" way to do that (by which I mean "the way you would do
> it if you believe what it says in the autoconf manual") would be to
> specify --build=x86_64-unknown-linux --target=alpha-unknown-linux.

That would be the correct way to do this, but, I suspect no one around
here has put in any time to make that work.  You can either roll up
your sleeves or leave those out and build all targets, and then use
the tool specific options to select a different target other than the
default one (the one for your build machine).