[LLVMdev] promotion of return value.

Alireza.Moshtaghi at microchip.com Alireza.Moshtaghi at microchip.com
Fri Mar 13 16:53:32 PDT 2009

Right, I guess theoretically, this stuff could be done entirely in the
frontend, but practically I'm not sure...
At the end of the day, it is enabling an optimization, and front-end is
not necessarily the place for it.

Chris has given a C example in the below email.
http://www.nabble.com/Re%3A-Troubling-promotion-of-return-value-to-Integ
er-...-p17281950.html

Regards
Ali