[LLVMdev] [LLVMDev] trouble building gcc-frontend from source

Gautam Sewani gautamcool88 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 01:35:34 PDT 2009

Hi all,

I am a new user of LLVM, and wanted to explore it in conjunction with
the compilers course I am taking in my university. To this end, I
downloaded the code for the LLVM suite and the LLVM-gcc front end from
the respective repositories. Then, I built the LLVM suite without any
hitch, but when I tried to build the llvm-gcc frontend (exactly
following the instructions of README.LLVM) , I got compilator errors.
I am using  "gcc (GCC) 4.1.3 20070929 (prerelease) (Ubuntu
4.1.2-16ubuntu2)"  on Ubuntu 7.10, Intel Core Duo. I have attached the
make file output with this mail. (I did not find any mention of this
mailing list's policy on attachments, and if it's against the rules
then I apologise).
I wished to know if the error is a result of some recent changes
taking place in the code and if using the pre-compiled binaries will
help, or  is there something wrong at my end?

Regards
Gautam