[LLVMdev] interactive llvm interpreter?

Mattias Holm holm at liacs.nl
Thu Mar 5 08:54:24 PST 2009

Hi,

Does any interactive llvm interpreter exist or is there one being
developed at the moment? What I am talking about is something like LLI
but interactive so that it is possible to step through LLVM code
statement by statement and inspect the results of various expressions.
This would for example greatly simplify debugging of compiler passes.

We are thinking of having a master's student work on that as a
master's thesis project, but it would be good to know whether that
would be duplicating anyone else's current ongoing work.

Kind regards,
Mattias