[LLVMdev] One way to support unwind on x86

Bjarke Walling bwp at bwp.dk
Tue Mar 3 14:46:35 PST 2009

On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 8:35 PM, Anton Korobeynikov
<anton at korobeynikov.info> wrote:
> This is not enough for C++, for example. You would need to run destructors,
> be able to propagate exception object upper, do a type-based catch, etc.
> You might want to read
> http://www.codesourcery.com/public/cxx-abi/abi-eh.html
> Also, studying libgcc unwinding runtime and different personality functions
> is a good start.

I read that link. Yes, I know there's more to handle in C++. I think
I've become aware that it's not just making some type-checking and
branching in the landing pad. The "just" is actually complex to do and
involves the actions taken by the personality routine. However I will
start by trying to support the unwind instruction and see where it
leads me.

Thank you all for your constructive criticism and the discussion. It
has definitely raised some thoughts.

Bjarke Walling