[LLVMdev] Generatin code for an ARM-LINUX machine

Juan Carlos Martinez Santos juanc.martinez.santos at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 14:09:18 PDT 2009

I am using the below configuration:

./configure --with-llvmgccdir=/home/jcmartin78/LLVM/llvm-gcc4.2
--prefix=/home/jcmartin78/local --enable-optimized=1 --enable-debug-runtime
--enable-jit --enable-targets=arm --target=arm

When I use LLVMC to compile a simple program I get this:

$ llvmc hello.c
llc: error auto-selecting target for module 'No available targets are
compatible with this module'.  Please use the -march option to explicitly
pick a target.

Using the -march options, I get this:

$ llvmc -march=arm hello.c
hello.c:1: error: bad value (arm) for -march= switch
hello.c:1: error: bad value (arm) for -mtune= switch

Somebody has an idea what is wrong in my procedure? I am using a x86-linux
machine and I want to generate code for an arm-linux machine (also, I am
using the binutils 2.19 to build my cross-compiler).

--
Juan Carlos