[LLVMdev] Pinning registers in LLVM

Eli Friedman eli.friedman at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 03:08:39 PDT 2009

On Sun, Jun 28, 2009 at 11:00 PM, David Terei<davidterei at gmail.com> wrote:
> So just hoping this can be done with LLVM and if so, then how.

Despite the fact that llvm-gcc accepts the given code, the extension
isn't properly supported; the current output is close to correct, but
not quite.  The issue is that the register allocator isn't aware of
the global register, and can allocate other values into it.  Patches
welcome, I guess, although off the top of my head, I'm not sure what
the best way to go about implementing it would be.

-Eli