[LLVMdev] Garbage Collection Project

Jon Harrop jon at ffconsultancy.com
Thu Jun 18 06:11:20 PDT 2009

On Thursday 18 June 2009 12:28:57 Cory Nelson wrote:
> I'm also curious what language uses this and why it is useful :)

HLVM is intended to be a general-purpose VM rather than a particular language.

> Also, things like this would make lock-free algorithms difficult or
> impossible.

True. Perhaps that is a good argument for providing both kinds. However, nulls
are certainly more common than concurrent data structures. :-)

The entire source code for HLVM is available for free under a
commerce-friendly BSD license, BTW:

  http://forge.ocamlcore.org/projects/hlvm/

http://www.ffconsultancy.com/?e