[LLVMdev] Regular Expressions

David Greene dag at cray.com
Tue Jun 16 17:49:46 PDT 2009

On Tuesday 16 June 2009 19:35, David Greene wrote:

> So which is more intuitive and less error-prone?
>
> defm BLENDPS  : sse41_avx_fp_binary_vector_osta_vintrinsic_rmi_rrmi<0x0C,
>                   i32i8imm, "blend", "blend", "f32", 4>;
>
> or
>
> defm BLENDPS  : sse41_avx_fp_binary_vector_osta_vintrinsic_rmi_rrmi<0x0C,
>                   i32i8imm, "blendps", "blendps">;

Here's another option:

defm BLENDPS  : sse41_avx_fp_binary_vector_osta_vintrinsic_rmi_rrmi<0x0C,
                   i32i8imm, "blendps", "blendps", v4f32, v8f32>;

This is somewhere between the first and second options.  It's not as
convenient as the second but is more intuitive than the first.  Still,
looking at some random individual instruction, it wouldn't be immediately
clear to me what those multiple types mean.  I might think they're source
and destination types, for example.

                                     -Dave