[LLVMdev] Using LLVM on an embedded device

Anna Zaks azaks at sta.samsung.com
Tue Jun 16 16:09:14 PDT 2009

Hi,

I am researching a possibility of running LLVM components (such as JIT)
on an embedded device, where the memory footprint and RAM usage are the
main concerns. So I was wondering if anyone could share their experience
with running LLVM on an embedded device. What is the approximate code
footprint that we are looking at? For example, on an x86 with a minimum
set of optimizations and with only the x86 backend, it seems difficult
to get the LLVM JIT occupy less than 5MB. Is there any performance and
memory usage data available?

Thank you!

Anna.