[LLVMdev] PIC documentation ?

Anton Korobeynikov anton at korobeynikov.info
Tue Jun 16 14:16:17 PDT 2009

Aaron,

> Maybe we should collect references and do some LLVM PIC documentation and
> put it on LLVM website ?
What you mean as "LLVM PIC documentation"? What should be included there?

> Okay. We need documentation, what is the difference between DynamicNoPIC and
> full PIC ?
>From TargetMachine.cpp (actually this is show in llc --help):

  cl::values(
    clEnumValN(Reloc::Default, "default",
               "Target default relocation model"),
    clEnumValN(Reloc::Static, "static",
               "Non-relocatable code"),
    clEnumValN(Reloc::PIC_, "pic",
               "Fully relocatable, position independent code"),
    clEnumValN(Reloc::DynamicNoPIC, "dynamic-no-pic",
               "Relocatable external references, non-relocatable code"),
    clEnumValEnd));

--
With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov