[LLVMdev] Tooling support for LLVM-GCC, or CLANG?

Bill Wendling isanbard at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 11:47:21 PDT 2009

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 6:04 AM, Granville
Barnett<granvillebarnett at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I seem to remember that a big point of LLVM being built with tooling support
> out of the box was a major thing, however, I've not read anything about any
> tools which are actually taking advantage of the foundation LLVM provides.
> I'm not a Mac user, but I'd assume XCode would be a prime candidate -
> does/will XCode use LLVMs foundation to create a better IDE experience?
> Also, anyone know of similar efforts for Linux-based IDEs?

Hi Granville,

Clang itself takes advantage of the LLVM libraries
(http://clang.llvm.org/). The static analyzer takes advantage of the
clang libraries (same URL). There are a host of tools in the tools/
sub-directory, which all use the LLVM libraries.

:-)

-bw