[LLVMdev] Some understanding of LLVM vs gCC vs Intel C++ Compilers

Dan Gohman gohman at apple.com
Tue Jun 16 07:49:40 PDT 2009

Trying to capture a notion of overall compiler optimization
in a representative set of benchmarks is a hard problem.
If you're interested in performance, it's best to measure it
on the applications you're interested in.

You should be suspicious of any one-dimensional analysis
of compiler optimization, especially if it's presented by
someone with an interest in a particular compiler.

Dan