[LLVMdev] CROSS COMPILING LLVM

Misha Brukman brukman at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 09:41:17 PDT 2009

2009/6/14 hannibal hannibal <hannibal_08 at mail.com>

>  I was able to use your scripts to build  llvm and llvm-gcc successfully.
> But when i try to link to llvm libraries i get the following :

> /arm-2007q3/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/4.2.1/../../../../arm-none-linux-gnueabi/bin/ld:
> /arm-llvm/llvm-project/i686-pc-linux-gnu/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/llvm/lib/LLVMXCore.o:
> Relocations in generic ELF (EM: 3)
> /arm-llvm/llvm-project/i686-pc-linux-gnu/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/llvm/lib/LLVMXCore.o:
> could not read symbols: File in wrong format

What are you trying to do, exactly?  If you're trying to create an ARM
executable which uses LLVM libraries, note that you'd have to also
cross-compile LLVM first, using your new cross-compiler.  Otherwise, you're
trying to link ARM object files with x86_64 LLVM libraries, which aren't
compatible.

Note that I'm just guessing -- it's really hard to tell what's wrong without
complete information, e.g. exact command lines, your host machine, your
target machine, etc.

Misha