[LLVMdev] CROSS COMPILING LLVM

Misha Brukman brukman at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 19:18:25 PDT 2009

I've committed my scripts that simplify building Linux/x86 -> Linux/ARM
crosstool.  There are 2 parts to using this:

* llvm/utils/crosstool/create-snapshots.sh
  creates tarballs for LLVM and LLVM-GCC from HEAD SVN or a specific
revision of your choice
* llvm/utils/crosstool/ARM/build-install-linux.sh
  builds and installs a Linux/x86 -> Linux/ARM crosstool using the snapshots
generated by the above script.  It also uses the CodeSourcery GCC-based
cross toolchain to avoid having to rebuild cross-binutils and glibc, but if
you don't have it, it'll tell you where to download it from.

Note that HEAD revision of SVN doesn't work for me, but I listed the latest
one I've tried that does, which is 70786.
Let me know if this approach works for you.