[LLVMdev] Output to a DLL

Nicolas Capens nicolas at capens.net
Thu Jun 11 14:03:40 PDT 2009

Hi Óscar,

For me writing a DLL would have two purposes: one is to reduce compilation
time (i.e. make it work like a cache), but a second very important goal is
to be able to profile code at the assembly level (using AMD's CodeAnalyst
for example).

Fortunately, the code I'm generating consists of only pure functions. So
there's no need for linking symbols.

Anyway, thanks for the ideas. I'll definitely investigate generating
assembly output and using an external compiler and linker for it.

Cheers,

Nicolas