[LLVMdev] Memory models support (-mcmodel=large)

Andrea OrrĂ¹ andreaorru91 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 10:38:00 PDT 2009

Hello all,

I'm developing a hobby kernel for x86-64 machines,
and I put the kernel into the higher half.

I'm trying to switch from GCC to LLVM/Clang, but it seems
that the latter doesn't support the -mcmodel=large
option, which is required in order to put the kernel
at the 0xFFFF800000000000 address in virtual memory,
as specified in my linker script:
http://pastebin.com/f2f9e0112

I've already posted in the Clang's mailing list, but it seems
that the argument is passed to LLVM, so the front-end is OK.

Any workarounds or plans for implementing that feature in LLVM?