[LLVMdev] Using LLVM JIT inside a Cocoa application

Jean-Daniel Dupas devlists at shadowlab.org
Fri Jun 5 04:31:57 PDT 2009

Hello,

I'm not an LLVM expert, but I think you can build a Cocoa/LLVM project
by using the LLVM's libraries and headers the same way you did with
any other third party library.

In fact, that's what the clang Xcode project does. It does not use any
makefile.

In short:
	- Add the llvm/include folder in you header search path (in the
project's build settings).

To add libraries, an option may be to drop the *.a you need in your
Xcode project, and Xcode is smart enough to adjust the library search
path as needed.

and other option (the one chosen by clang) may be to change build
settings:
	- Add the llvm/<output>/lib/ folder in you library search path
(replace <output> by the name of the llvm build dir. You can choose a
value based on your build configuration to use different libraries
variant in Debug and Release).
	- Add linker flags to tell the linker which LLVM libraries you want
to use.