[LLVMdev] CMake build maturity

Jay Foad jay.foad at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 23:03:41 PDT 2009

Hi,

> Committed a change for the cmake build that implements the option
> LLVM_ENABLE_ASSERTS. Defaults to ON if and only if CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE is
> Release.

Thanks! I think it might be nice to make this a bit more consistent
with Makefile.config. I'd suggest...

- use LLVM_DISABLE_ASSERTIONS instead of LLVM_ENABLE_ASSERTS
- have it default to OFF (so assertions are enabled) always
- compile with -DNDEBUG if assertions are off -- I don't think
-UNDEBUG has any effect, because NDEBUG won't have been defined in the
first place

Thanks,
Jay.