[LLVMdev] Adding instructions to MachineBlock

Manjunath Kudlur keveman at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 14:34:57 PDT 2009

You are right, there are other approaches possible. In my case, I want
to retain some vector operations. So I translated all LLVM vector
instructions to machine vector instructions. Then I am writing this
phase to selectively translate some vector instructions to scalar
counter parts. But I feel the question is independent of this issue. I
am basically trying to add a new instruction with a def to a register.
BB->insert is failing because RegInfo->getRegUseDefListHead(getReg())
returns 0xffffffff.

Manjunath