[LLVMdev] Including / Linking with Pool Allocation

Patrick Alexander Simmons simmon12 at cs.uiuc.edu
Tue Jun 2 13:09:45 PDT 2009

Hi,

I'm starting to code a pass which uses the analysis results of pool
allocation, and I've run into a bit of a snag.  Following the advice at
[http://llvm.org/docs/WritingAnLLVMPass.html], I've put my new pass in
the lib/Transforms subdirectory of the llvm checkout.  I have the pool
allocation transformation checked out in projects/llvm-poolalloc.

My problem is that the pool allocation header files are not in my pass's
include path.  I assume I need to modify the Makefile somehow to correct
this and that I should perhaps also add a line to make it link with the
pool allocation .so files, but I don't know the proper way to do this.
Could someone help?

Thanks,
--Patrick