[LLVMdev] Whole program compile/link

Richard Pennington rich at pennware.com
Sun Jul 26 05:25:25 PDT 2009

Hi,

I have a little conundrum. I want to bitcode link a whole program, but
I've run into a roadblock. During code generation on a processor that
doesn't support e.g. floating point, a floating point mul is turned into
a function call. This isn't known at bitcode linking time so the
appropriate bitcode for the mul isn't linked.

Is there a pass I can run that will do the appropriate conversion to the
bitcode so that I can get the bitcode mul pulled in?

I suppose that an option would be to put the support stuff in a file
that is linked in always and let the optimizer drop functions that
aren't referenced. :-(

-Rich