[LLVMdev] API CHANGE: Contexts for Passes

Owen Anderson resistor at mac.com
Tue Jul 21 17:05:47 PDT 2009

Hey folks,

As a number of people have observed, the current mechanism for
providing an LLVMContext to each pass is extremely hackish, and tends
to break down in lots of interesting ways.  In light of this, I've
decided to drop the automagical nature of this mechanism.  Because
types now hold references to contexts, it is now trivial to get a
context from within a pass, and I am adding a getContext() accessor to
Value to make it even simpler.

a context from a Type or Value instead.

--Owen