[LLVMdev] PIC16TargetAsmInfo::getBSSSectionForGlobal

Alireza.Moshtaghi at microchip.com Alireza.Moshtaghi at microchip.com
Mon Jul 20 16:18:38 PDT 2009

Substituting the uses of a global with an absolute address would make
all accesses to that global through pointer, which is very inefficient
on PIC16. So we don't change the code generation for that global;
instead we only pass the address information to the linker (home made
linker) through some assembly directives.
What are you trying to do? Are you trying to change the logic of this
part or it is only simple refactoring?

Regards
Ali

On