[LLVMdev] x86 unwind support[MESSAGE NOT SCANNED]

Duncan Sands baldrick at free.fr
Mon Jul 20 11:15:19 PDT 2009

Kenneth Uildriks wrote:
> Sweet!  That is exactly what I've been looking for.  I guess it's
> going in the 2.6 release then?

Yes.  You still need to call __cxa_throw (or equivalent) to throw
a new exception, but you can now use unwind to rethrow an exception
from the unwind block of an invoke.  That said, I don't think anyone
is making use of it - probably no-one except me even knows about it :)

> And __cxa_throw will still throw a DWARF exception with the landing
> pads and the exception object selection and all that jazz?

The __cxa_throw code is part of the gcc library and outside the control
of the LLVM project, so it works the same as before.

Ciao,

Duncan.