[LLVMdev] LLVM Hello Pass load error when using opt -load Hello.so

Chuck Zhao czhao at eecg.toronto.edu
Mon Jul 20 07:32:05 PDT 2009

One more thing to follow up:

Does the *opt -load* option only allow a shared object file (.so) ?
Is it possible to have a normal library as well (e.g., .a file)?
I am asking because current Cygwin build doesn't seem to
generate/support .so/.dll files?

Have anybody tried and succeed in writing an individual pass on Cygwin
and managed to get loaded to run from "opt -load" option?

Thank you

Chuck