[LLVMdev] x86 unwind support

Duncan Sands baldrick at free.fr
Sun Jul 19 21:23:17 PDT 2009

Hi,

> How do either of these prevent DWARF exception handling from working?

if you throw an exception using your proposed unwind implementation,
then it wouldn't be caught by dwarf catch/cleanup regions (eg: invoke).

> Would a landing pad expecting to get an exception object from the
> exception intrinsics fail to get one in the case of an unwind and
> crash?

The landing pad would never be executed in the first place.  This
is rather bad, for example cleanups won't be run.

> (Perhaps I should put all this aside and just have my compiler handle
> my invoke/unwind logic instead of trying to use invoke/unwind
> instructions.)

For the moment that is the best solution I think.

Ciao,

Duncan.