[LLVMdev] LLVM Hello Pass load error when using opt -load Hello.so

Shuguang Feng shuguang.feng at gmail.com
Sun Jul 19 18:07:43 PDT 2009

> Question: is there a good/quick/reliable way to figure out whether a
> certain gcc compiler will mis-compile?

http://llvm.org/docs/GettingStarted.html#brokengcc lists documented
problems with different versions of gcc.
I use gcc-4.3.2 with ubuntu 8.10 and haven't had any problems

> 2. I ran into exactly the problem you pointed out. (Thank you)
> The Makefile needs some update (after careful comparison between the
> tutorial Makefile and the makefile used for lib/Transformation/Hello), by
> commenting out the following line:
>
> #LLVMLIBS = LLVMCore.a LLVMSystem.a LLVMSupport.a
>
> I guess the tutorial needs some update, as with release 2.5 things might
> have changed a bit.

Yea, I commented out LLVMLIBS at first as well before I came across
the documentation at http://llvm.org/docs/MakefileGuide.html#LoadableModules
.  I think LLVMLIBS is supposed to be ignored when compiling a shared
library but somehow isn't.  I'm new to LLVM so I could be way off.
Best of luck!

-shu