[LLVMdev] please stabilize the trunk

David Greene dag at cray.com
Thu Jul 16 15:29:09 PDT 2009

On Thursday 16 July 2009 17:20, Tanya Lattner wrote:

> Sure, but if you have thousands of them, they become somewhat
> meaningless. How often are you thinking about tagging? If its every
> commit, that seems excessive.

Agreed.  The validator will only run about once every 100 commits, and
maybe less frequent than that.  I don't know what Daniel's plans are.

> > If all of these pass, the validation is considered to succeed.
>
> How do you determine if llvm-test passes? You need some post
> processing to compare it to some known valid build (ie. a release).

I'm not going to get into that game.  For now we may ave to forego
llvm-test.  Only when it passes EVERYTHING will I make it a
validation criteria.

Is there some fundamental reason llvm-test doesn't pass everything or
is it just a matter of getting people to fix bugs?  If it's the former
perhaps we should XFAIL some tests.

                               -Dave