[LLVMdev] Unexpected failures in the DejaGNU test collection

Daniel Dunbar daniel at zuster.org
Thu Jul 16 10:59:38 PDT 2009

On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 2:17 AM, Duncan Sands<baldrick at free.fr> wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
>> Since it came up, what is blocking us from putting these tests in the
>> llvm-gcc test suite instead of in the LLVM test suite?
>
> they are useful for testing the llvm gcc plugin.  This is llvm-gcc
> implemented as a gcc plugin.  As such, it is not possible to make
> modifications to the underlying gcc tree, such as adding testcases,
> except by pushing changes upstream to mainline gcc.  I doubt they will
> except llvm-gcc testcases, but you never know :)

Tests for the llvm gcc plugin should be in the llvm gcc plugin repository.

I think it is worth solving this problem, because it currently makes
the public buildbot results less than useful, it frequently breaks on
Frontend changes. I also personally find this pretty annoying that I
am forced to update llvm-gcc more frequently than I would otherwise
need to, if I want clean local test results. I don't think most LLVM
developers would appreciate clang tests being in the LLVM repo,
either.

 - Daniel