[LLVMdev] How do I generate a Dwarf file?

Jon Sargeant aliphany at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 14:07:18 PDT 2009

Hello,

Does anyone know how to generate a Dwarf file for a Windows target?  I
discovered the DwarfWriter class, but I'm not sure how to add it to
the pass manager.  Also, what x86 subtarget should I use?  From what I
can tell, there are five choices: isELF, isDarwin, isCygwin, isMingw,
and isWindows.  isCygwin and isMingw appear to generate a COFF file in
X86TargetMachine.cpp, but that seems unlikely because I don't see a
COFF writer in the source code.  The fifth choice, isWindows, appears
to be the default Windows option that generates no debugging
information.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Jon