[LLVMdev] IMPORTANT: Test Your Changes Before Committing Them!!

Bill Wendling isanbard at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 11:26:17 PDT 2009

The tree has been broken since late last night. This is completely
unacceptable! We have had check-ins which didn't even COMPILE! The
build bots have been complaining all night, but no one has bothered to
look at their messages and figure out whether it was their patches
that caused the problem.

This wastes a huge amount of time trying to figure out what's going
on. In the future, it may result in the tree being rolled back to the
last known good version, losing all of that work in the meantime.

It's been said before, but it bears repeating. It is imperative that
we keep the tree healthy!

-bw

P.S. We are developers and should be developing with assertions on.
That's what the assertions are there for! They aren't there for the
customers.