[LLVMdev] llc can't generate object files on Windows

Jon Sargeant aliphany at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 11:04:39 PDT 2009

I tried to compile a bitcode file into an object file with llc and
received an error message.  First, I tried a bitcode file whose first
line was "target triple = "i686-pc-windows"".  llc complained that
"target does not support generation of this file type!"  Next, I tried
a bitcode file whose first line was "target triple = "i686-pc-linux"".
 llc gave me the following error:

FIXME: This code needs to be updated for changes in the CodeEmitter interfaces.
In particular, this should set BufferBegin/BufferEnd/CurBufferPtr, not
deal with OutBuffer!
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jon