[LLVMdev] LLVMdev Digest, Vol 61, Issue 25

Lance de La Haye lance.delahaye at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 17:25:22 PDT 2009

LOL, Hi Anton,

LLVM-2.5 - should have been the first thing I said. Sorry bout that.

I had actually read that www site, but hadn't recognised your name. Pretty
much duplicates my own experience. Anyway, I haven't followed the
instructions through carefully, as I am finding it difficult to locate the
downloads listed - from march 2008. MinGW doesn't seem to have a single
coherent point of download as far as I can tell.

mingw gcc version as you ask is 4.3.3 - but I have the llvm-gcc compilers to
avoid any issue there if/when I get that far. A couple of hours ago it was
3.4.5 - I ended up with 4.3.3 when I used an msys1.0 image I downloaded
somewhere.

I will follow that site - excluding the last three "tad tricky" ones -
bison/flex/regex - which you say should not be needed. Actually those three
look like the workarround I needed to get arround the first crash I saw in
configure.

When I get this building I can zip up the resultant OBJ_ROOT and pass it
back if llvm.org has somewhere to host it - I add that I intend to use
llvm-gcc to build which should suit. Interested? :)