[LLVMdev] Structured Exception Handling (SEH) on Windows

Christopher Currie christopher at currie.com
Fri Jul 10 20:50:01 PDT 2009

>>> I'm trying to generate code to run on
>>> Windows, but would really prefer not to ship libgcc...
 > What I'd like to end up with is exceptions compatible with DLLs
 > generated with Visual Studio C++. I'm not much of a Windows person, so
 > don't really know the best way to approach it.

I'm not fully versed on this topic either, but this article might be
helpful to you.

http://www.microsoft.com/msj/0197/exception/exception.aspx

It covers the low level details of how SEH works at the compiler and OS
level. This, plus an examination of what assembly code is generated by
Visual Studio, will probably help you get to where you need to be.

HTH,
Christopher