[LLVMdev] Unnamed pass in on the fly pass manager

Scott Ricketts sricketts at maxentric.com
Thu Jul 9 17:49:04 PDT 2009

Update: the "unnamed pass" is PostDominatorTree. My module pass
requires PDT (specified in its getAnalysisUsage). When it visits a
function, it calls getAnalysis<PostDominatorTree>(), which triggers
the failed assertion "getAnalysis*() called on an analysis that was
not 'required' by pass!"

This issue has been addressed on this mailing list, but it seems the
previous problem had to do with attempting to getAnalysis during
doInitialization, which I do not do.

I am snooping through the PassManager (and related) code. Perhaps
someone could point me in the right direction or suggest that my
approach is wrong.

Thanks,
Scott