[LLVMdev] JIT allocates global data in function body memory

Evan Cheng evan.cheng at apple.com
Thu Jul 2 15:09:46 PDT 2009

The patch looks good to me. But we cannot allow AllocateGVsWithCode to
be initialized to be false yet. Can you add a mechanism to define the
behavior when the JIT is created / initialized?

Also, I am not crazy about this being moved to JITMemoryManager.h.
This seems like implementation detail that should be kept hidden.

+  // If the PoisonMemory parameter is true, freed memory should be
overwritten
+  // with garbage.  This parameter is useful for testing and debugging.
+#ifdef NDEBUG
+#define POISON true
+#else
+#define POISON false