[LLVMdev] OCAML and ocamldoc requirements on building andinstalling LLVM

Bill Wendling isanbard at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 13:47:43 PDT 2009

On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 1:27 PM, Aaron
Gray<aaronngray.lists at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 11:46 AM, Aaron
>> Gray<aaronngray.lists at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Aaron,
>>
>> Would you be able to come up with a patch that does this? This would
>> help matters, because you run Cygwin, and would be the best person to
>> know if the patch works or not.
>
> Bill,
>
> Really its not only a Cygwin patch, its a patch for anyone who does not want
> to have to install OCAML and its documentation tool in order to use LLVM.
> Its really just a matter of adding a switch to configure and conditionally
> building ocaml stuff based on its setting. I really hate the bash configure
> script and really dont want to do it. Really it should be on the OCAML
> writers list of finishing things to do out of courtesy for other users.

Well, perhaps in a perfect world. :-) But this is an open source
project, so it's at the mercy of people's spare time.

With that in mind, I don't have ocaml or ocamldoc on my system, and I
compile and install just fine. It never tries to build the OCaml
bindings. Of course, I'm not on Cygwin. Are you using CMake or the
Makefiles?

-bw