[LLVMdev] build failure on ARM linux

Xerxes RĂ„nby xerxes at zafena.se
Wed Jul 1 00:50:53 PDT 2009

llvm/lib/System/Atomic.cpp contains the call to
__sync_val_compare_and_swap that lowers to the missing
__sync_val_compare_and_swap_4 GCC intrinsic.

The same file contains several other __sync_* calls  and all these has
to be implemented if we want to be able to compile llvm on linux/ARM
with GCC versions below < 4.4

xerxes at labbserver:~/llvm$ grep _sync lib/*/*
lib/System/Atomic.cpp:  __sync_synchronize();
lib/System/Atomic.cpp:  return __sync_val_compare_and_swap(ptr,
old_value, new_value);
lib/System/Atomic.cpp:  return __sync_add_and_fetch(ptr, 1);
lib/System/Atomic.cpp:  return __sync_sub_and_fetch(ptr, 1);
lib/System/Atomic.cpp:  return __sync_add_and_fetch(ptr, val);

Cheers
Xerxes