[LLVMdev] Can TargetInstrInfo::storeRegToStackSlot use temp/virtual regs?

Mondada Gabriele g.mondada at etel.ch
Thu Jan 29 03:56:00 PST 2009

It is finally what I did. I need a very specific register to store value in the stack so I reserved one register to save and restore the value of this specific register. So, I save the specific register, I use it and I restore it.
To improve the efficiency, I could check if my specific register is used or not in the location where I'm inserting the store to slot. If it is not used, I don't need to save and restore it. But how to know if a register is used from within the storeRegToStackSlot() function?
For the moment, I keep this solution as it is.
Thanks for your help.
Gab