[LLVMdev] inline asm semantics: output constraint width smaller than input

Mike Stump mrs at apple.com
Tue Jan 27 12:46:22 PST 2009

On Jan 27, 2009, at 9:24 PM, Duncan Sands wrote:
> On Tuesday 27 January 2009 20:56:30 Mike Stump wrote:
>> On Jan 27, 2009, at 8:42 PM, Duncan Sands wrote:
>>> one thing that seems to be clear to everyone except me is... what
>>> are the
>>> semantics supposed to be?
>>
>> I don't know of any other semantic other than, if they are supposed
>> be in the same register, then they have to be in the same register.
>
> Sounds logical!  But what is the discussion about then?

As near as I can tell, it is about trying to stir up enough interest
in the issues involved, so that we can get a clean compile of the
linux kernel.  This just requires bug fixing until it works.  Some of
the people capable of bug fixing, would like simple, easy testcases to
facilitate such bug fixing.  And the linux people would like to hear
from us when we expect to have it fixed.  That's how I see it.