[LLVMdev] -O4 limitations in llvm/llvm-gcc-4.2 2.5?

Chris Lattner clattner at apple.com
Sat Jan 24 11:16:21 PST 2009

On Jan 23, 2009, at 6:39 PM, Jack Howarth wrote:

>   What exactly are the current limitations for using -O4 to create
> shared
> libraries with llvm/llvm-gcc-4.2 2.5? I tried a build of xplor-nih
> at -O4
> with llvm-gcc, llvm-g++ and llvm-gfortran. The build fails to link
> shared
> libraries with errors such as...
>
> Building xplor-nih for platform: Darwin_9_x86

Hi Jack,

If you have Xcode 3.1.1+, the linker in /Developer/usr/bin will at /
Developer/usr/lib/libLTO.dylib if you try to build LLVM files.  I'd
suggest replacing /Developer/usr/lib/libLTO.dylib  with libLTO from
LLVM 2.5 and then things should work.  It may also work to drop in
LLVM 2.5's liblto into /usr/lib and then use /usr/bin/ld, but I've
never tested that.

-Chris