[LLVMdev] Reading recommendations?

Michael Schuerig michael at schuerig.de
Fri Jan 23 02:51:53 PST 2009

[I sent this already two days ago, but apparently the message didn't get
through. It is not in the archive either.]

I've read through the Programmer's Manual, Language Reference, and
Kaleidoscope Tutorial, still I'm struggling to get started hands-on
with LLVM. This may just be a passing phase and I'm in no hurry, so I'd
like to take the time to read up some more on the use and inner
workings of LLVM.

My interest is mainly in using LLVM as the code generator for dynamic
and/or functional languages. Are any of the LLVM-related[1]
publications or other papers/books particularly recommended for this
purpose?

Incidentally, the recent "Criticism of garbage collection [...]" thread
brought Pure[2] to my attention and I'll surely have a look at the
code.

Michael

[1] http://llvm.org/pubs/
[2] http://pure-lang.googlecode.com/