[LLVMdev] Shouldn't DAGCombine insert legal nodes?

Scott Michel scottm at aero.org
Tue Jan 20 12:32:29 PST 2009

Eli:

Legal constants would be all well and good for most platforms. I
don't think that CellSPU is alone in its support for i64 constants
(in fact, the comment in DAGCombine says that the 64-bit constant is
inserted to "avoid a constant pool spill").

In many respects, DAGCombine and operation Legalize are co-routines,
not separate passes.

-scooter