[LLVMdev] linux build problem

Bill Wendling isanbard at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 02:38:14 PST 2009

On Jan 20, 2009, at 12:45 AM, Török Edwin wrote:
> On 2009-01-20 08:01, Bill Wendling wrote:
>> I'll need some more information than this. I don't have a Linux box,
>> so I can't tell. Do you have a .i file? How is autoconf being
>> confused? What does config.log say about it?
>>

> I've seen this failure on my nightly builder too (SVN r62521), it is
> related to the -Wformat-security changes,
> apparently libiberty's configure considers warnings as failures:
>
> configure:3691: checking for stdlib.h
> configure:3704:  /home/edwin/llvm-bootstrap/llvm-obj/./prev-gcc/xgcc
> -B/home/edwin/llvm-bootstrap/llvm-obj/./prev-gcc/
> -B/home/edwin/llvm-bootstrap/llvm-obj/../install/x86_64-unknown-
> linux-gnu/bin/
> -E  conftest.c
>
> cc1: warning: -Wformat-security ignored without -Wformat

I recently put in a "hack" that would default -Wformat-security to on
when -Wformat is on, and off when off. Is it still breaking? If so,
I'm going to hijack a coworker's Linux box and see if I can get to the
bottom of this.

As always, I'm sorry for the breakage. These merges are annoying, but
important for a variety of reasons. This merge, for instance, got the
Fortran FE to compile and run the test suite. :-) I'll fix the build
problems before the code freeze on the 21st.

-bw