[LLVMdev] building clang when present

Dan Villiom Podlaski Christiansen danchr at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 12:35:47 PST 2009

On 19 Jan 2009, at 21:16, Mike Stump wrote:

> On Jan 19, 2009, at 11:55 AM, Dan Villiom Podlaski Christiansen wrote:
>> In my humble opinion, using OPTIONAL_DIRS would be better and
>> cleaner.
>> It may require some changes to ‘Makefile.rules’ to work as
>> intended, though. If there's interest in such a change, I can prepare
>> a patch?
>
> Are OPTIONAL_DIRS parallel?  For some reason, I was assuming not.

Well, from my recollection, PARALLEL_DIRS and the other *_DIRS don't
interact terribly well with each other with the current LLVM build
system. It may or may not actually be executed parallel with other
directories, but I wouldn't consider that a problem, as Clang itself
contains quite a lot of source files, libraries and directories.
Parallelism within the Clang source should be Good Enough™ ;)

--

Dan Villiom Podlaski Christiansen, stud. scient.,
danchr at cs.au.dk, danchr at gmail.com